Most Rated Games (Past 12 Months)
- Steven F. Burrall (40)
- Aaron Ye (38)
- David Baran (33)
- Bob Crites (33)
- Matthew Burrall (30)
- Tai-An Cha (30)
- Zhihong Ma (30)
- Jeremy Chiu (30)
- Linden Chiu (29)
- Theodore B. Terpstra (29)
Most Tournaments (Past 12 Months)
- Steven F. Burrall (10)
- Zhihong Yao (9)
- Theodore B. Terpstra (9)
- Frank Brown (9)
- George Schmitten (9)
- Aaron Ye (9)
- Matthew Burrall (8)
- David Baran (8)
- Matthew Cheng (8)
- Zhihong Ma (7)
The AGA Rating System, unlike some other systems, does not merely tally results and award or remove fixed numbers of points from the player's total. Based on advanced statistical procedures, it looks at results of many events simultaneously, using the results to figure out how likely each player was to defeat the other. Players are ranked and ordered according to these calculations.
The AGA rates serious games, mainly from face-to-face tournament and club play. The basic qualifications for rated games are probably easier to meet than you might think,and the AGA encourages you to submit your game results. Learn how to submit game results to the rating system.
You can find an individual rating or get a list of ratings satisfying your selection criteria by clicking the button below.
Check the list of tournaments to see whether your tournament has been rated.
- A brief description of how the system works (July 1990)
- Answers to the most commonly asked questions about the rating system (May 1992)
- Answers to additional questions about the rating system
- A more detailed mathematical description of the ratings system (April 2010)
- Source code for the AGA rating algorithm